1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
2. If you were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would your roles be and would either of you make it to the sequel?
Andy: I definitely wouldn’t make it to the sequel. I’d be the “logical” one and say there’s nothing to be afraid of. Then I’d get split up from the group and.. BAM!!… slashed to bits by a possessed mountain goat. The usual.
Spencer: I’d make it to the sequel strictly because they wouldn’t have the budget for someone who actually can act.
3. In 3 words, how would you describe your music?
Energetic. Loud. Grooves.
4. This month, you are releasing your new single “Absolute Zero,” what should fans expect when they hear it for the first time?
Spencer: Aggressive beats with atmosphere. We’re excited because we feel like we really narrowed down who we are with this one- beats like EDM and a huge rocking chorus.
Andy: The lyrics go hand-in-hand with the sound of the song. If people haven’t heard us before, I think this is a good sample to what we’re about. Taking familiar elements and mixing them in an unfamiliar way.
5. If you could only use one word, how would you describe “Absolute Zero?”
6. If “Absolute Zero” were an animal, what animal would it be?
Andy: Hmmmm. That’s a tough one. I think the sound of the song is a little more void of life [laughs].
Spencer: Just off the top of my head, probably a Halichoeres bivittatus probably. That or a Cat.
7. What was your best memory while writing/recording the single?
Andy: For me it’s when we first got the chorus vocal melody down. At least for our songwriting process, that’s the moment when an idea becomes a song. That moment is rewarding enough to keep me coming back and trying to write more songs.
Spencer: I like putting in the finishing touches of production. In this song, the vocal glitches in the bridge were one of the last parts recorded. That was my favorite, and one of my favorite parts of the song, actually.
8. Is there anything else about the single that you would like to say?
Andy: I think that about covers it. We can’t wait to share it- It’ll be released on February 17th!
9. Looking ahead, what should fans look forward to?
We have a couple music videos in the works as well as a video of us playing live- our Youtube should be pretty active this spring. We’re super excited about that- we love videos.