1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who do not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Thank you! My name is Manuel Castillo, singer from the band Half Blood.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
It would be Predator, or Alien. I think the current formation would make it to the sequel but the former guitar player, he quit the band before we start working on promotion and release, so he didn’t make it.
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
Anger and melody.
4. When someone listens to your music for the first time, what should they expect?
Honest, straight to the point Metal. We do what we like the way we want.
5. At the beginning of February, you released “Adamas,” can you talk a bit about the song?
It is one of the songs that had our original sound we think, very Death Metal, but with a lot of groove and a catchy chorus.
6. Your EP is due out mid-2017, is there a certain song that you are most excited for fans to hear?
For my personal point of view, I’m really excited for the track “Self Exile,” it will be our big single. Also, we just finished recording the promotional video for that song and it’s looking fantastic.
7. If you had to choose one song off the EP to show to someone checking out your band for the first time, which song would you pick?
Our first release from the album “Crisis,” kick-ass Spanish track.
8. What was your best memory from writing/recording the EP?
Working with my band mates in our little home studio. It was free, without rules, we just let things be and most importantly, let ourselves be free in the creative process. Obviously, there’s a lot of stuff that didn’t make it on the final product, but we never said something like “that’s too heavy” or “that’s too soft,” if it was good for us then it was good!
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thanks to everyone who is listening to Half Blood, it’s being a long ride but there’s a lot more to come! Hope to see you soon on the pit.