1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you introduce yourself and talk a bit about what you do?
Lazarus Wilde: Hey! Yeah sure thing. I’m a singer/songwriter from Tallahassee, FL. My name is Kenny and I go under the moniker Lazarus Wilde.
2. How would you describe your music?
Lazarus Wilde: My music has been described as untraditional acoustic rock. I like to make my guitar and voice sound like there’s more instrumentation occurring on both my records and live performances.
3. If you had to choose one of your songs to show to someone listening to your music for the first time, which song would you choose? Why?
Lazarus Wilde: I would have to say “Breathe Now” because it’s one of those songs that you find yourself humming after one listen. It has that pop mentality to it, but in an unconventional way, and I think that song characterizes my overall sound.
4. Back in April, you released your album, Breathe Now, in three words, how would you describe the album?
Lazarus Wilde: Honest, difficult and hopeful.
5. Was there a certain song off the album that you were most excited for fans to hear? Lazarus Wilde: Yes, it was “Breathe Now”. I think that song encapsulated the overall message I was trying to deliver, and musically it was fun to play.
6. What do you hope fans can take away from Breathe Now after listening to it?
Lazarus Wilde: I hope that when fans listen to this record, they are able to resonate with the lyrics behind the music and find some sort of confidence within themselves to not feel alone. Mental health is extremely important, not only for one’s well-being, but for their character and self-confidence. We all have a purpose here on earth.
7. What was your best or favorite memory while writing/recording the album?
Lazarus Wilde: I really wanted to challenge myself vocally and musically on this record. I think I did a decent job at pushing myself on this record.
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Lazarus Wilde: Yes! Thanks to everyone who has purchased my record and supported me over the years. I am forever grateful. I look forward to making new friends/fans this year and playing for you all. I hope to see you at a show near you! Be sure to keep up to date on my whereabouts on my social media pages via Instagram, Facebook, and Bandsintown.