1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Thank you for doing this interview! My name is Chris Godwin and I play guitar.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be? Who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Richey (drums) would probably be the first to die. Miller (vocals) more than likely would be the damsel in distress haha! I would probably be the second one to die. And John (bass) would more than likely be the one to make it to the sequel.
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
Honest, aggressive, emotional.
4. You recently released your track, “Anomaly,” how has the response been so far?
So far it has been pretty good! The amount of support has been more than we were expecting.
5. Can you talk a bit about what the single is about and what it means to you?
The single was originally a concept song about a super city consuming all the Earth’s resources. To me it reflects our society today and how we burn through resources with no replacements in mind. Which makes the line: “The time has come for us to wake up,” that much more significant.
6. You are set to release your album, Home Is Not Where the Heart Is, in June, what should fans expect?
I think people should expect an aggressive, honest and heavy album. I think it has something everyone will dig on it (as cliche as that sounds). It’ll definitely surprise people.
7. Is there a certain song that you are most excited for fans to hear?
For me, our song “Delta F508” is one that I think people will gravitate toward. It has a huge chorus and a big climax towards the end. It’s also my favorite track on the album.
8. If you had to choose one song off the album to show to someone who is listening to your band for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
Again I’d pick Delta just because that song has everything you want a metal song to have. A good chorus, a heavy breakdown and a soft section to drive that emotion home.
9. What has been your best memory while writing/recording the album?
The whole process has been incredible. The best part was being able to see how far we have matured as writers as well as musicians. We always have a blast when we get together and try to make the best out of it.
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you again for having me! We just want to say thank you for all the support that we have been shown so far by listeners. Our album will be available June 9th. You can go over to our online merch store to pre-order it, as well as, check out our social media to see our upcoming shows!