1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Hello! My name is Alexander and I’m the frontman of the REMARK.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be? Who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Ooooh, I perfectly imagine this! Ivan (bass player) would be a killer chef. You could see him in this role in our video “Wild Run.” Den, the guitarist, would be a villain, Mr. Ego. The brain of sinister operations and the leader of such creatures. The drummer is always a Joker. As for me, I will play the victim. But as for Ivan, seriously, there is a huge share of the likelihood that, in his spare time from music, he crushes strangers in the park near his house.
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
Aggressive Sexual Energy!
4. You released your self-titled album in January, what should listeners expect when they hear it for the first time?
Listeners from Russia, I think, should estimate the level of the sound quality. And be pleasantly surprised to hear this from a young band, provided, of course, that they like rock music. Well, foreign listeners would like the material itself, the songs themselves, for which I’m not ashamed.
5. If you had to choose one song off your self-titled album to show to someone hearing your music for the first time, which song would you pick?
“Wild Run.” I have not yet met a person who at least did not stomp a foot when he listened to this song. I love this record very much. I like to listen it, though; I’ve heard it so many times. And of course, I like to play it very much.
6. Was there a certain song off the album that you were most excited to release?
Well, it’s personal. I really wanted to have the song “Vesna” on the album. It is in Russian, which is very much out of the concept of the rest of the material. But not to release this song is a crime. At concerts this song immediately took place of the main ballad and I love the video for this song.
7. Looking at your music video for “Falling,” the lead single off the album, tell me a bit about the song and about the concept behind the video?
The song is about fighting some problems that we all have in our lives. To be honest, this is not my favorite song. But here you can not guess. Sometimes it seems that you write a hit. You spend a lot of time, energy, emotions to create it, and the song ends up being just another song. And sometimes you write a song and it shoots.
The main idea was to make the video dynamic. This is one of our first shooting experiments, we raged and party as best as we could.
8. What was your favorite memory while recording the music video for “Falling?”
In this video, I have a great shirt that Den (guitarist) gave it me. The shirt was excellent and I wore it everywhere. I really liked it. But after one performance I left my shirt in the dressing room and never saw it again. Oooh well, it was the first unbelievable cool story that I remember.
9. Looking ahead to the rest of 2017 and into 2018, what does REMARK have instore that fans should be on the lookout for?
We are gonna play on various summer festivals. We also plan to make a new video for one of the new songs. And we are also cooperating with the cinema and writing a soundtrack to a film. This is a great opportunity to be heard by a new audience.
10. You are currently working on your follow up album, what should fans expect with this album?
We are recording new material. We’ve already played enough concerts with the first album and our listeners want more. We are like good boys, we will hang our fans a little in anticipation and soon they will be pleased with new songs.
11. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you! I wanted to wish all your readers to do what they really like, no matter what!