1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Hi there! Emily Torres (Lead singer, Keyboards). Johney Birrell (Guitarist, Vocals). Terrance Elizondo (Bass) Matt Jones (Drums)
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be? Who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Emily would straight up be the first to die. She’d be the one that knocked over something really loud when everyone was hiding and it would alert the monster that was trying to eat all of us. Everyone else in the band would make it onto the movie series, have their own franchise, maybe even their own t-shirts and memes. But Emily, she would never last haha (Emily answered this)
3. In three words, how would you describe your band?
Energetic, Driven, Entertaining
4. Your debut album, Eventide, is set to be released May 12, what should fans expect when they listen to it for the first time?
We really wanted to take the listener on a rollercoaster of emotions. From hard hitting synths, to intimate piano/voice duo parts. We really dived deep into making this album an experience. Each song, we put our all into, we had no boundaries, we wanted to be real and we wanted to sing about things that we felt are important to talk about.
5. Which song are you most excited for fans to hear?
Gosh… all of them. Each song really is so special to us. They are ‘10 new friends’ that we can’t wait for you to meet. Different characters that hold your hold hand the whole time and encompass this album.
6. If you had to recommend one song to someone wanting to check out your band for the first time, which song would you choose? Why?
Our first two singles we released “Next To Nothing” or “Uh-Oh” really are two strong songs we all would feel comfortable being the first songs someone heard from us. They show the dynamic of the band. From ambient-serious vibes, to poppy-fun vibes. We really do travel between those two spectrums.
7. You recently premiered your music video for “Uh Oh,” tell me a bit about the song and why you chose to do a music video for it?
This song is a very poppy upbeat tune, with a dark hidden meaning laced into it. The lyric content talks about growing up with family issues and dealing with that all in our own different ways, but also giving a hopeful upbeat feel. We chose this song as our second single because we think it was a good transition from “Next To Nothing,” which is a darker song.
8. What was your favorite memory while either filming the music video or writing/recording the album?
We really valued becoming lifelong friends with both our music producer and video producer. Also, with everyone that came along with it. We had a lot of amazing experiences growing close to them, and even everyone in the band. We really can’t wait for tour and the many memories set to come.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you so much for supporting us if you have already heard of us and our checking this out. If you haven’t, we hope you take a listen to some of our singles, and also the new debut album Eventide.