1.Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who do not know you, can you state your name are your role in the band?
I am Austin, I play drums in the band.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Well for starters, I would die first probably. Adam would make it to the sequel. Connor will die heroically. Tom will be the horror portion of the movie.
3. What 3 words best describe your music?
Dark Elegant Metal
4. Last month, you released your album, Flesh Coffin, with Outerloop Records, how would you describe the release?
Everything exceeded expectation. The team associated with Outerloop Records, and Cooking Vinyl, helped us to capture the vision we were envisioning for this album. We can’t thank the fans and our supporters enough for spreading this album and bringing our name to new heights.
5. What should fans expect when they listen to it for the first time and is there anything that you hope they can take away from the album?
I’d just hope they listen to it all the way through. If possible, read the lyrics. Block out the world. Soak in the energy we are putting forth in the record. It will take you on a journey, every which way. Flesh Coffin is the anecdote of our society, and some of the darkest corners of it.
6. If you had to choose one song off the album to show to someone checking out your band for the first time, which song would you choose?
“FVNERAL MOON,” because it’s a great song 😉
7. What was your best memory while recording/writing the album?
The first time we sat down and listened to all the songs we got done with, all night, with our good friend Semi. It sparked inspiration in all of us and I could tell that everyone in the band had never been so proud.
8. You were recently on tour with Carnifex and Despised Icon, what has been your most memorable tour moment?
The Canadian shows with DI were insane, we had never been there, and we were welcomed with open arms. Other then that, us and Fallujah caravanned a bunch. Had a great day in Georgia, and a nice brunch in Quebec City.
9. What have you found to be your top 5 must have tour items?
Phone charger, toothbrush, hair ties, clean socks, and headphones.
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you for heaving me and to anyone who took the time to read this. Stay tuned for a lot more tour dates in the future, all over the map! 😉