1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
I’m RJ Butler, and I’m one of our guitarists.
2. If your band were to be trapped in The Hunger Games, how would each member attempt to survive? Who in the band would last the longest?
I think I would avoid contact at all costs and just focus on food and water. Tieler (our bassist) and Elijah (our drummer) are saying they’d team up to kill everyone else first, and then die together in the end. Zach (our singer) would die first because he: “can’t handle that kind of pressure.” Nick (other guitarist) would probably survive the longest because he would be able to kill all of us without a second thought.
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
“Raw, Gritty, Unapologetic”
4. If you had to pick one of your songs to show to someone hearing your band for the first time, which song would you choose?
5. You recently released your single “Safe Haven,” what should listeners expect when they hear this song for the first time?
It’s a bit different than the songs on our first EP, but I think it gives a good sense of where we’re heading with our sound and who we are.
6. Tell me a bit about the song and what it is about?
The lyrics are based around feelings of anxiety and is kind of an open letter to anyone who you thought had been there for you, but in the end, weren’t. Musically, it went in a direction we hadn’t before, using some new chords and some experimentation with different rhythms.
7. What was your favorite memory or a memory that stands out to you the most while writing/recording this song?
Probably the first time we found the melody for the song and played it all together while writing it. We all loved the hook in the chorus when we heard it.
8. Looking ahead to the rest of 2017, what should fans be on the lookout for?
We recorded our Sophomore EP with Producer David Dominguez (Weezer, The Offspring, GnR). It is due to release in late May. We also have plans in the works for tours and some music videos.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you for interviewing us! And we would like to thank the readers for their interest in us, and to follow us on major social networks and Spotify to keep up with what’s going on with us!