1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Tom. I’m the lead guitarist
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be? Who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Dave would be the guy who hears something weird … PY would be the guy who investigate the situation, Tom would be the skeptic that of course dies first and Leela would have to be the one that survives just because she is just too oblivious to the situation 😜😜😜
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
Rock and Roll
4. Since the release of your album, Devilish Folk, how has the response to it been?
We come from a place and a time (now) where ROCK AND ROLL is definitely not in the forefront of popular culture. We started The Damn Truth because we wanted to play the kind of music that really appeals to us…we knew from the get go that this is gonna be FOR US and if there were a few people out there that liked it then – awesome! When Devilish Folk came out we realized that we weren’t the only ones with those feeling about pop culture… rock is alive and well . And honestly that is the best response we could have ever asked for .. to stand on stage and see and hear so many singing along with us is just incredible.
5. How would you compare the album to your past releases?
Our first record Dear in the Headlights was a much more personal album, it dealt more with looking within .. and in this record (Devilish Folk) we were taking a good look out.
6. If you had to choose one song off the album to show to someone looking to check out your music for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
That’s a hard one, because the music and records that inspire us the most are the kind of records that have wide range of sounds and feelings in them. We try to do that on our records as well so it’s hard to pick, it really depends on your mood. If you are into hard hitting, in your face type rock and roll I would suggest you listen to “Heart is Cold.” But if you are in a mellow mood and feel more like listening to acoustic storytelling type thing check out “Alex.”
7. What was your favorite memory while writing/recording the album?
I remember recording the lead vocals to “Leave It In The Dark,” while Leela was 9 months pregnant… she was so tired and in bed so we brought the studio to her ha ha ha 😊 I remember holding the mic to her face while she was lying down in bed. I was trying not to breath too hard so the mic won’t pick it up 😂 she did only one take and it was perfect!
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
There is SO MUCH I want to say… but I want to do it in PERSON! Come see us next time we come around and I’ll tell you EVERYTHING!! ✌️✌️✌️