1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who may not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
This is Chris and I am the frontman/songwriter for the band.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
I love horror movies so this is a great question. I would be the one who charges into the dark with a flashlight without knowing what’s going on. Jared is the friend who tries (unsuccessfully) to keep us from doing stupid things. And Mark is the one who just doesn’t give a shit, the “whatever dude” guy. And we all make it to the sequel!
3. In three words, how would you describe your music?
Fun, cool, hot
4. You are currently on tour with We The Kings and Cute Is What We Aim For, what should fans coming out to a show expect?
Our show is high energy and exciting. We move and jump around the stage a lot and interact with the audience. So expect a really good time, get ready to dance and remember that at the end of our performance, we give roses to our MVP…the fan that really rocked it during our set.
5. What are your top 5 must have tour items?
Chris: gaming computer, pillows, Vocal Zone, ear plugs, headphones
Mark: snap backs, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, laptop, vans, beanie
Jared: headphones, hair product, a sweet jacket, laptop, fun socks
6. Back in June, you released your self-titled EP, how would you describe the EP?
This EP is about having fun, feeling good about yourself and about life. And it’s also about going for it, pursuing your dream, whatever that is, and not giving up. There’s a lot of research that says that pursuing your dream with passion and determination and lots of hard work is as important, perhaps even more important, than raw talent. So even if your dream is a bit off the beaten path or seems impossibly hard to achieve, go for it!
7. If you had to choose one song off the EP to show to someone checking out your band for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
The song to check out is “Don’t Look Down,” because it’s got a great dance beat and fun lyrics. And, of course, it’s a bit of a romance song. There’s also a great animated video (by Yoyo the Ricecorpse) for this song, if you want some animation with your music.
8. While writing/recording the EP, what was your favorite memory?
I wrote this EP in LA in collaboration with some great guys who make sick beats (Mike Molina and Nelson Kyle of the Agency). I love writing songs and I loved working with them, but beyond the songwriting experience, one of my best memories is having pancakes with them at my now favorite pancake place, The Griddle.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thanks for your support for Plaid Brixx. We are living our dream and without our fans, none of this would be possible. You guys are the best!!!