1. Welcome to LivingTheVanLife! For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
I’m Chris and I play guitar for Thieves.
2. If your band were to be trapped in “The Hunger Games,” how would each member attempt to survive and who in the band would make it to the end?
Nathan would probably wield some kind of spear out of wood. Billy would use his keychain-mace bottle that his girl bought him. I’d attempt to give everyone cancer with my second-hand smoke, and Max would kill and eat us all with his bear (like) hands.
3. In 3 words, how would you describe your music?
Real recognize real.
4. You are currently on tour, how has it been so far?
It’s been decent, pretty cold but better than hot summer touring, I’d say. We’re in some familiar areas so it’s been nice to hang with some friends that we haven’t gotten to see in a while.
5. For those attending the remaining dates, what should they expect when they watch your set?
We’re all about bringing the heaviest amount of wreck on stage. We can’t stand when we see bigger bands having all these people go off for their shows and they just stand still and don’t return that energy. Even if people think we look stupid (they usually do), we’re going to do our best to make sure that our set is unforgettable. We only get 30 minutes to make our mark on new faces, so we’re going to pack as much intensity as we can in that time.
6. What has been you best tour memory?
There’s been a lot, of course. But, I’d have to say my favorite part of touring is seeing all the different national parks and cool geographical land marks. My favorite would probably be hiking the Grand Canyon for like 8 hours with the guys. There’s just nothing like it.
7. While on tour, what would you say are your top 5 must have tour items?
Sleeping Bag, Pillow, Snacks, Smokes, and…my guitar.
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Check out the new album, and catch us at a gig. We put everything we have in to this, and no one cares.