1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Hi! I’m Tiaday, the vocalist. Ryan plays guitar, Donovan is on bass and Tony plays drums.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Ryan: I think you (Tiaday) would make it to the sequel. I would just kill sh*t. I just want to kill the evil. So I’d probably be the guy who dies first for trying to be the hero.
Tiaday: Yeah, you’d be the white guy that’s like “Let’s split up!” I’m pretty sure that I would be the one doing the haunting.
Tony: I think I would make it to the sequel cuz I’m f*cked up in the head, bro, seriously. I’d just wreck everyone. Like Neve Campbell from the Scream series, I’d survive when I’m supposed to die.
Tiaday: …who did we let into the band.
Donovan: I’d be the dude in Zombieland with all the rules who just runs away ’til I get killed.
3. How would you describe your music to our readers who may be hearing about you for the first time?
We’re an active rock group that likes to incorporate elements of many different styles/genres. Our newest record, MOUNTAINS, that we released in August (available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc.) would have to be under the blanket term of “rock” because it isn’t quite post-hardcore like we used to be. We hope to break some of the boundaries of this genre a little more and reach a broader spectrum of listeners. And I think what makes us unique is the big difference between our last record and our newest.
4. Back in August, you released your EP Mountains, what type of response have your received since its release?
Mountainous responses lol. It’s all been fairly positive so far. At first some fans were taken back by how drastic of a change we made from our first album, Rampart District, but they said it grew on them. I think our fans understand that this new album is a result of us maturing as a band and finally finding the sound we’ve been looking for.
5. What 3 words do you feel best sum up the EP?
Mature, lit, “us”.
6. When someone listens to Mountains, what do you hope they take away from it?
Hopefully for the better. But it’s art; if it invokes any emotions in people at all, then I guess we’re doing our jobs right!
7. If you had to choose one song of the EP to show to someone for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
Definitely our title track, “Mountains”, because the overall sound and feel of it is closest to the direction we want to go in for our future songwriting and we feel like it’s had the best response overall.
8. What was your best or favorite memory from either writing or recording the EP?
When Ryan’s cat wasn’t attacking us 24/7 when trying to focus on writing. He’s a demon. Ryan defends his cat but Felix is a jerk. Also recording in Canada was such an incredible experience and we’re very grateful for Siegfried Meier’s hospitality. He has a great studio and really knows how to treat his bands.
9. Is there anything else that you would like to say about the EP or the songs on it that you have not yet said?
Yeah! If you haven’t checked out our album yet, you can find it on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Amazon, and more! https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1146557304