1. For those who don’t know you, can you introduce yourself and state your role in the band?
Well we’ve got Run on rhythm guitar and vocals, Sanchez on keys and vocals, Captain on the bass, Sketch on lead guitar and Barefoot on drums.
2. Describe your band in 3 words.
3. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
I can just imagine us in the middle of nowhere, dead of the night, broken down bus. As every horror fan will tell you… the best thing to do is split up. Barefoot goes military commando survival bad-ass. Sanchez uses his computing wizardry and downloads the ultimate survival app. Captain whacks on his studs and rugby tackles his way to safety. Sketch uses the metal…zombies hate metal. Run sits in the back of the bus, and waits for all of this to blow over. And we’ll probably drive past the sequel on the way home.
4. Why should people give your music a listen?
We made our music because we wanted a change from music defined by genre, something different and new but still with familiar sounds that we love.
5. How would you describe your music to those hearing about you for the first time?
Banana rock! It’s a mixture of all of us, there’s a reggae/rock influence in nearly everything we do, but there’s something in there for everyone. Sketch loves his metal, Barefoot loves experimenting with his dance beats. Captain maintains the groove and steers the ship while Run and Sanchez keep up the rhythm and blend the harmonies.
6. Currently, you are working on your second EP, how has that been going so far?
We are currently recording and will be releasing our second EP early next year! So far it’s been really fun, we have come a long way since our debut release and we can’t wait to show everyone those developments.
7. Is there a certain song that will be on the EP that you are most excited for people to
We will be releasing a single prior to the EP entitled ‘Rhythm of your soul’! We love this track because it really shows our intricate ‘genre-hopping’ ideas come to life. It’s a big song and sets the perfect tone for the EP!
8. Looking ahead, what should your fans be on the lookout for?
We are thrilled to announce we will be hosting a Banana High launch party later this year – details announced soon! If you can’t make it to the beautiful depths of Cornwall, look out for our upcoming single and EP across our social media and hopefully we will see you at a gig soon!
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Just thanks for reading this, be sure to check out our music and we’ll see you all in the future!
Stay Banana High!