1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
I’m Brian and I play guitar for Ashes Of My Regrets
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Adam would be the one to die within the first 10 minutes of the movie starting, and then me, Brandon, and Chris would all die during the main plot of the film. I think Juan would be the only one making it to the sequel.
3. Describe your music in 3 words.
Heavy, Melodic, and Chunky
4. Last month you released your music video for “Daydreams,” how has the response for it been so far?
It’s been really good. There was a lot of planning that went into this release so that we could get this song out to a ton of people, so we’ve received a bigger response then we anticipated.
5. Was there a moment while filming the music video that stands out to you as the most memorable moment?
I think the moment where we were about to do the first shot it kind of stands out because we had never shot a music video prior to this so it was kind of surreal to be shooting a music video. That and when we had to douse Juan’s drums with water for some of his up close shots.
6. Your EP Caricatures will be out Nov. 4, what should fans expect when they hear this release for the first time? Is there a song that you are most excited for them to hear?
It’s definitely different from what our first EP was. I think fans are going to enjoy the sound we created with this EP. There’s different elements we incorporated that give it a very familiar feel that old and new fans can enjoy. The song I’m most excited for people to hear was “Daydreams.” Definitely my favorite song off the EP and it shows when we play it live.
7. If you had to pick one song off of the EP to show to someone listening to you for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
Again, it would have to be “Daydreams”as I feel like the song perfectly blends that
heavy guitar work (in the verses and the breakdown), and the vocal driven choruses. It’s got a little bit of everything and people have begun to notice that.
8. Is there anything else that you would like to say about the EP that you have not yet said?
This EP was about a year and a half of busting our asses to give our fans something to hold onto. There’s a lot of emotion in this EP and every song sheds light on different aspects of the human emotion, like depression and anxiety.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to our readers?
Thank you guys for having me! All I have to say is go pre-order our new EP
Caricatures out November 4th.