1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Dakota Gartner and I sing / play rhythm guitar in Naked Walrus. I’m also answering these questions with Hayden Bush our lead guitarist / back up vocalist and Taylor Hurtado our drummer.
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
What an in depth music related question! We would obviously be in the movie “Tusk,” because it is a bout a walrus. We would probably all be people that got turned into walri and then we start to take over the world. We’d become epic walrus super heroes that fight evil in the most epic way possible!
3. Describe your music in 3 words.
FUCKIN BAD ASS
4. You recently released “Minus,” what type of response has the track gotten?
We’ve been getting really awesome response. We’re excited to release this new EP as we feel it’s a great representation of the direction we are headed with this project.
5. Your EP Simple is set to be released in early November, how would you describe the release as a whole?
Simple is an album that represents our growth both as musicians and individuals. Each song has a connection to our journey together as a band. We tried to create music that represents our favorite rock bands but adds our own flavor and mixes up the regular.
6. When someone listens to the EP for the first time, what do you want them to take from it?
We want them to be inspired to come to a show. We want to meet everyone who enjoys our music and rock out with them in person!
7. If you had to choose one song off of the EP to show to someone who is checking out your band for the first time, what song would you choose? Why?
That’s a really difficult to answer so we’d recommend that you listen to the entire album from start to finish. We guarantee that you’ll want to listen to each song!
8. Is there are certain song off of the EP that you are most excited to share with your fans?
We’re excited to share all of the songs off of the new EP with our fans!
9. What was your best/favorite memory from either writing or recording the EP?
The process of recording this record was an awesome growing experience. We were able to stay with our Producer, Curtis Douglas, in Arizona for the better part of two months. In the process we all were able to grow up and write material that was at a new level for us.
11. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
We hope to see you at a show near you soon. We love performing live and writing. Trust us this isn’t the last you’ve heard from Naked Walrus.