1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band? Jonny Hetherington, singer for Art Of Dying.
2. If your band were to get trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Ever seen “Lost Boys?” That’s us.
3. How would you describe your music to those checking you out for the first time?
I think David Drainman from Disturbed nailed it when he described us as “Eagles in Chains,” referencing our signature 3 part harmonies.
4. You recently released your album NEVERMORE, what type of response has it gotten so far?
The fans and DieHards have really embraced it which of course feels great. Lots of amazing press as well, one of which says it’s the best release of our career. That’s nice to hear.
5. As a whole, how would you sum up NEVERMORE?
It’s a record of our lives over the last couple of years. It explores the darkness and the light.
6. If you had to select one song off of the album to show to someone checking out your band for the first time, which song would you choose? Why?
“Torn Down” today, but it changes all the time too. It just kicks ass!
7. While writing/recording the album, what was your best memory or a memory that stand out to you the most?
Writing NEVERMORE, I was in Mexico on the patio of a beach house sipping a cold Modelo and Tavis was in the mountains in British Columbia. We wrote it together on Skype and it really proved to me that distance doesn’t have to effect the emotion or result of writing a great song.
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything else that you would like to say to the people reading this?
We are looking forward to seeing all of you on the road during this tour. Tour dates and new Merch store are open at www.artofdyingmusic.com.