1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Jon Zaitz (lead vocal), Dan Wolf (Vocal/Guitar), Alex DeSalvo (Guitar), Dan Koshulsky (Drums)
2. If your band were to be trapped in a horror movie, what would each of your roles be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Well without a doubt Dan K. would be the only one to make it to the sequel. He’s a survivalist for sure! It depends on what kind of horror we are talking about, Jon has a fear of Chucky so anything like that and you can consider him passed out. Alex would most likely be sedating himself with anything in the liquor cabinet because he doesn’t do well in high pressure situations. Dan might be able to escape with Dan K, he’s a rather good problem solver.
3. Describe your music in 3 words.
Pop, exciting, emotional
4. This fall you will be releasing your single “Neck Deep,” how would you describe the release?
We are very much looking forward to the release this fall! This is our first ever hard release so we can’t wait to see how people react. We also shot our first official music video to this song, which will be released a few days after the single. We hope the release can put us on the map and reach a larger audience.
5. Is there a certain moment while writing or recording “Neck Deep” that stands out to you the most?
Can’t say that there was one moment that stood out more than others because the entire process of creating this song has been a fun and experimental experience. Working with our producers Russ DeSalvo and Jimmy Greco really made the difference. It would be one great part after another. They would push us to top what we already have, redoing lead vocals, guitars, even bass all to try to push our talents and make the best possible recording we could make. That’s what real producers do and that’s what stood out to us.
6. What does this song mean to you?
This song, to us, means being left to drown, feeling that you got the short end of it. Someone leaving you for greener pastures. The chorus is more sarcastic than anything.
7. Is there anything else that you would like to say about “Neck Deep” that we have not covered?
If there’s anything to add about “Neck Deep,” it would be that we hope it makes our listeners feel something. Whether it helps you get through a hard time in your life or makes you feel happy we just want people to have a connection to the music.
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Thank you for having us on this interview and to anyone discovering us we hope you become part of the Count To Ten family! Feel free to reach out to us if you want to see us in your town!