1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and what you do?
Precious, the artist and musician behind Precious Child. Sing, guitar, bass, synthesizer, production, videographer.
2. Describe your music in 3 words.
Dark, Passionate, Beautiful
3. You recently released your LP Escape, what type of response has that gotten so far?
So far I’ve gotten feedback from fans that they enjoy various tracks and that it’s an unexpected sonic departure, but a good album to kick back to. Reviews so far are positive.
4. If you had to recommend one song off of the LP for someone who is checking it out for the first time, what song would you recommend? Why?
“Magic is Real.” I think that song has something for everyone.
5. Why do you feel that people should check out Escape?
I wrote much of the music on the album to be generally approachable and enjoyable. It was a film soundtrack and so it couldn’t be too in-your-face. I think that it still challenges the listener with moments of distress and a broad lack of quietude though and some tracks in particular are quite trippy. The album as a whole and the individual tracks are little musical stories in their own right though, and will take the listener on a journey.
6. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Livingthevanlife. I’ve done that. Lived the Van Life. Meaning living out of a van ha ha. Actually as recently as this week and last month. I’m a musician- what do you expect?