1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Adrian Bellan and I play drums in Heartaches.
2. In 3 words, how would you describe your music?
Emotional, aggressive and heavy.
3. You will be releasing you sophomore EP Svart on Aug 12 through Artery Recordings, how does this release differ from your first EP?
This EP has a much deeper feeling to it and is also much heavier than our first EP that we released in 2014. I would say that Svart is more processed and we’ve put much more work on it in general.
4. When someone listens to the EP for the first time, what should they expect?
Heavy riffs, brutal breakdowns and emotional lyrics. We hope that our listeners can relate to our songs in some way or make some kind of emotional connection to it.
5. If you had to pick one song off of the EP to show to someone that was checking out your band for the first time, which song would you show them? Why?
I would probably show them “I Will Never Exist” because it’s my favorite song on the EP. It has the best breakdowns in my opinion and the best riffs.
6. Was there a specific moment while writing or recording the EP that stands out to you as most memorable?
We recorded the whole EP in our good friend Ludvig’s studio, so we were pretty relaxed during the whole recording process, which means that we had a lot of fun during the whole time in the studio haha. It feels kind of surreal that everything that was done in that studio has now come so far.
7. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Thank you! Be sure to preorder Svart and some cool merch, and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.