1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Kenta and I sing in a Hong Kong band called ‘Seasons for Change.’
2. Describe each member in 3 words.
Dennis (guitarist) – Hipster, Social, Proud
Don (guitarist) – Handsome, Optimistic, Youthful
Kulo (drummer) – Serious, Organized, Persistent
Wan (bassist) – Gentle, Manners, Social
Kenta (vocalist) – Charismatic, Emotional, Teacher
3. How would you describe your music to those checking it out for the first time?
Our music is a mixture of alternative rock and power-pop, influenced by emo and Jrock.
4. You recently announced that you signed with Famined Records, what does this opportunity mean to you?
It means a lot to us and it’s an opportunity for bands in Hong Kong in general. We’re really excited to work with Famined Records in getting our music outside of Hong Kong.
5. You also have released the music video for your song “Meteor,” can you discuss a bit about what the music video/song is about?
“Meteor” is a song about doing what you love and pursuing your passions It’s hard for the arts to flourish in Hong Kong, in particular, indie music. The opportunities are limited and venues that provide a place for independent bands and musicians to perform are constantly under pressure of closing. The lyrics for “Meteor” was inspired by life in Hong Kong, the struggle artists and young people face against society’s expectations of ‘success.’
6. What’s next for Seasons For Change?
We’re currently writing lots of new songs and perfecting our live performance. We will be flying up to Taiwan again in November to perform at HEARTOWN Festival in Tai Chung.
7. Why should people check out your band?
Because we’re a local band from Hong Kong with a vocalist that sings in English and Japanese!
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Thank you for reading this – and if you have more questions or you want to chat, hit us up on our Facebook page!