1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Blue and I play guitar.
2. How would you describe your music to someone who may be checking it out for the first time?
Definitely different, but not in a weird way… just different. If you like sad, pretty songs with some heavy bits here and there, you’ll like us.
3. Your debut EP, Doubt, is set to be released mid-August, what should people expect with this release?
It’s honestly hard to say because we don’t even know what to expect with the release. I guess just expect more.
4. “Ro$es” has a different sound and feel than the other songs that are on the EP, can you talk a bit about what makes “Ro$es” have this different feel?
Our other guitarist River and I wrote that track for a different band we were gonna start up before The Comedown, and we thought it was so good that there was no reason not to bring it in. It’s kinda funny because River and I were singing for the group and we used to joke about how much cooler the track would sound with Chris’s voice on it, and that’s exactly what ended up happening. River and I actually kept our original vocal takes in the ooh’s for the chorus when we wrote that song nearly a year ago, haha.
5. What song off of the EP would you recommend to someone that is listening to the EP for the first time? Why?
Probably “Empty Room.” I feel that track is the most “in-between” track that we have. It shows that we have heavy Rock influences, Pop/R&B influences, it’s probably the catchiest. Definitely the best one to get your feet wet.
6. What about this EP are you most excited for people to hear?
The diversity, as well as the lyrics. Like modern Pop these days is more of a product than art and that’s something we tried not to lose sight of. It’s scary to write genuine songs, because it’s personal and harder to sell than the standard club jammer you hear these days. Not that there is anything wrong with modern Pop, we obviously are influenced by a lot of it. We just wanted to write good songs that are real and I personally hope that’s what people see, and hear, in the EP.
7. Is there anything you would like to say about the release that you have not?
Nothing that’s worth saying probably, haha.
8. Why should people check out your band?
Because we plan to do some real cool things in the future. Like we want to do more than write catchy songs. We want to create something new and different and we want to bring as many people as we can with us.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Please go follow us on everything @thecmdwn and subscribe to our YouTube channel. We have a lot of new things we can’t talk about yet that are happening behind the scenes and we want to be able to keep everyone in the loop!