1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Ben Levi. Guitars/Lyrics
2. What three words best describe your music?
Honest. Fast. Angry.
3. You released your debut full length Scandalous Jointz back in October on Eulogy Records, why do you think people should take a listen to it?
I think people have gotten really – concerned with being cool and trending and have lost focus on having a relatable message or connecting with music, our aim is to do just that. Our music both on record and live is something that we want people to experience actively rather than passively. It is a discussion of rebellion within the marketplace of ideas. We come from the old school. If you want to listen to something you can really connect with…. Then Scandalous Jointz is the record.
4. While recording/writing the full length, was there a moment that stood out to you the most?
Hearing Nick’s first Mix of the record was pretty life changing. That was the first time we had heard ourselves the way we truly envisioned our music.
5. If you had to pick one song off of the full length to show to someone who is checking out your band for the first time, which song would you pick? Why?
“Disconnected” is probably my favorite song we’ve written so far. It just kicks ass and groves from start to finish and has all my favorite aspects of hardcore in one track.
6. What is one thing about the full length that you would like to say, but have not?
We spent 3 years writing and perfecting these songs, this is the best of the best from us. So hopefully you enjoy it.
7. What is next for Matriarchs?
We are actually in preproduction for a split we are working on with a band we cant name at this juncture. We are very excited about it!
8. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Check out Scandalous Jointz, there’s plenty of places to check it out for free. Support your local hardcore scene, and keep real music alive.