1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Jess: Hey, I’m Jess Coppens. I sing for the band.
Emily: I’m Emily Prather and I play drums in the band.
Kevin: I’m Kevin and I slap a little bass for Mirror Eyes.
Sam: Hey, y’all! I’m Sam Stamper and I play guitar.
Brandon: Yo! I’m Brandon Goldenbaum and I play guitar as well.
2. Describe each member in 3 words.
Jess: It depends on the hair color
Emily: Hot sauce everyday
Sam: Facebook basketball champ
Kevin: The band dad
Brandon: squints every picture
3. If your band was trapped in a horror movie, who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Kevin: Well I… Kevin…
4. How would you describe your music to people checking you out for the first time?
Jess: It’s always tough to put our “sound” into an explanation, but for the most part we throw around bands we usually get compared to. The description will usually begin with us saying: “we are an alternative rock band with a female front.” So, naturally….. Paramore, Pvris, Tonight Alive.
5. You recently released your music video for your song “Hold Your Breath,” overall what is the song/music video about?
Jess: We actually had the opportunity to write with Ace Enders of The Early November and this is one of the tunes that came out of that session. I went in wanting to write a song that was about something different than what I usually write about. On a personal level, this one is about leaving home along with any issues and struggles that were attached to it. Since we decided to go with a performance video for this one, we wanted to keep it somewhat dark and “grungy” to depict that kind of struggle.
6. You are currently working on your EP Solace, what can you say about it?
Jess: Oh man, I’m super stoked to get Solace out to y’all. These songs are definitely much more “mature” sounding, if that makes any sense. We’re obviously very proud of our first EP, Reality, but I think that this next one is what we had all envisioned for Mirror Eyes from day one.
7. What should people expect when they listen to it for the first time?
Jess: Lyrically, expect something raw. I’m definitely letting my guard down a bit here.
Musically, expect to jam REAL hard. 😎
8. What is one thing that you would like to say about any of your songs or the upcoming EP that you have not already?
Jess: All of them are different, which is what I like most about the EP. We’ve done some cowrites to get us ready for this one, so the inspiration has come from many differently places. They’re all uniquely awesome!
9. What is next for Mirror Eyes?
Jess: After the release, we’re gonna start hitting the road!
10. Why should people check out your band? What makes you different?
Jess: We’re just a bunch of goofs, really. We literally met online and decided that it’d be cool to fly out to New York and record an EP the first time we all met — now we’re here, working on our second release, and doing things I personally NEVER thought I’d be capable of doing.
So, uh.. yeah. Check out our band.
11. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Jess: Honestly, there are no words that can explain how grateful we are. The amount of love and support we’ve been given so far is mind-blowing. I know I can speak for the whole band when I say that we literally can’t do any of this without you guys. So, thank you. And we’ll see you very, very soon.