1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Matt Andrews and I am the drummer for Falsifier! I also founded the band along with our vocalist Aiden Versteegh.
2. How would you describe your band to people checking you out for the first time?
The best way to describe our music is just straight up heavy hitting metal. We don’t hold back, our main goal is to bring out the raw aggression people don’t even know they have in them.
3. If Falsifier were trapped in a horror movie, what would each of your roles be and who in the band would make it to the sequel?
Oh man, if we were trapped in a horror movie Collin would be the one to die first. Alex would open that door that has that creepy sound behind it. Jordan would try to fight whatever evil would be coming at us. Aiden would try (try) to take on a leadership role and lead us all to our deaths. I (Matt) would definitely be the one balled up in the corner waiting for it to be over.
4. What has been the most memorable moment for the band so far in 2016?
Signing with Artery Records has been the biggest highlight for sure, but touring the USA takes a very very close second.
5. You have an EP out entitled Life in Death, what three words would you use to describe it?
Hard hitting aggressive music that makes you want to hit the nearest person.
6. Why do you think people should have a listen to Life in Death?
We offer a little bit of everything to everyone on this release. It’s for fans of downtempo, hardcore, and metalcore; all in one. We’re super proud of this release and we can’t wait to get new material out.
7. If you had to pick one song off of the EP to show someone, which song would you choose? Why?
“Human Filth,” by far. Like the previous answer this song really shows everything we are capable of, we never stick to one genre and we are always trying to branch ourselves out to gain new listeners who otherwise wouldn’t enjoy this type of music.
8. Why do you feel people should check out your band?
We are unique, not to sound cocky, but we are confident that our music is different than any other bands. We love what we do and we do what we love and it shows through our music. We stray away from the modern clichés and have worked hard at forming our own identity.
9. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
All we have to say is be ready for us. 2016, 2017, and on will be our years, we don’t plan on slowing down. We have massive plans and we can’t wait to tell everyone. Thank you to everyone who has supported this band from the get go, we wouldn’t be here without all of you!