1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Tyler and I play bass for Take the Fall
2. If the band was trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who would make it to the sequel?
This one is pretty easy…Dallas (Guitar) and I would die immediately. Not sure why, but we’re both super loud all the time. Ashley (vocals) would be the killer. Aaron (drums) being the quiet one who doesn’t care, would be the one who survives to get his own sequel!
3. What three words best describe your band?
Fast, Loud, and Fun!
4. How would you describe your music to people checking you out for the first time?
From our perspective we are a rock band, plain and simple. We draw a lot of influence from bands like New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and bands of that early 2000’s era, so we tend to get lumped into the pop punk genre. We do have a female singer and all of us come from very different musical backgrounds, which I think gives us a lot of versatility in our writing. A lot of times, people don’t know what to call us. I personally prefer how Japanese distributors describe us: “Happy Rock.”
5. What has been your best memory so far as a band?
I think this last tour that we did (November 2015) had some really special moments on it. In particular, I would say finally pulling off a full national tour that got us all the way to California for the first time. Ashley and I have been playing music together since 2012 (Aaron and Dallas joined on later), so to see this thing that started out as two kids and a guitar take us all the way across the country in just over 3 years has been nothing short of a dream come true.
6. You have an EP coming out in June, how has that been going so far?
The EP is coming along amazingly so far! We’re about halfway through the recording process with Taylor Veraldi (Revival Recordings) and Shane Crump (Alesana) and it has been such an amazing process to this point! It’s the first time that we have ever worked with multiple producers on a record and that has given us so many options on these songs. They’ve also pushed us really hard as musicians to make sure that they are getting the best product possible from us! We have just started getting first mixes back and I have been absolutely thrilled with the results so far!
7. Do you have anything that you want to say about the upcoming EP?
We are really excited to introduce ourselves to a whole bunch of new people with this EP. These are easily the best songs that we’ve written in our careers, and we’re excited for everyone to hear and see the “new” Take the Fall!
8. If the band was stranded on a deserted island and in order to survive you had to eat another member, who in the band would you eat and how would you prepare them?
I think I might be the one here. Chances are if we were stranded anywhere, for any length of time, Ashley would get sick of me and kill me. I guess that makes me the logical choice right? As far as preparation, I’m sure Aaron could track down a deep fryer somewhere on that Island (laughs)
9. Why should people check out Take The Fall?
If nothing else, I think people should check us out because we’re fun! It sounds really cheesy, but that’s the best way to put it. Our songs aren’t revolutionary. We’re not here to change the world (yet). But a little bit of fun can go along way into turning someone’s day, week, or even year around and that’s what we’re all about! I tell people all the time: “We’re not here to change the game; we’re here to run naked across the field until we’re tackled by the proper authorities!”
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you wish to say to the people reading this?
Thank you so much to everyone who has given us a chance to this point, and to everyone who will check us out in the future! We have such an amazing support system around us and are so thrilled to have the opportunity to do what we love! Keep an eye out for our new EP coming this summer, and thanks again to Living the Van Life for interviewing us!