1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
I’m Ryo, the singer of Crystal Lake.
2. What three words best describe your band?
Passion. Emotion. Brutality.
3. If the band was trapped in a horror movie, what role would each member play and who would make it to the sequel?
Me as a monster, YD as citizen A, Shinya as the first victim, Teru as a zombie and only I would survive.
4. How would you describe your music to people checking you out for the first time?
I hate to describe our music in genre but if I had to, simply Metalcore.
5. Why should people check out your band? What sets you apart?
Unique melodies played with overwhelming passion.
6. You recently put up a cover of The Ghost Inside’s “Wide Eyed” and are donating its proceeds to The Ghost Inside. What inspired you to do this?
Actually we had a chance to tour with them 3 years ago and it didn’t take too long before we find out how great of people they are. We heard about the accident, and soon after that we saw them fighting and confronting the difficulties and trying so hard to be back on stage. This made us feel like we need to do something and so this project started.
7. You currently have an album out called The Sign, what is one thing you want to say about it?
We are the voice of this new generation, meaning we are the sign to guide the new Japanese music scene.
8. What song off of the album is your favorite and why is it your favorite?
“Hades,” it’s the most brutal song we’ve ever written, full of heavy riffs and breakdowns.
9. Why should people check out The Sign?
This record, The Sign, explains everything that Crystal Lake is about, who we are and what we play in every way we could think of.
10. When people listen to this album is there something that you hope they take from it?
Strong will and messages hidden in the lyrics.
11. If the band was stranded on a deserted island and the only way to survive was to eat another member, who in the band would you eat first? How would the rest of the band try to survive?
I would rather die if I had to eat human flesh, but I think our bassist Teru would try to survive.
12. What should people be on the lookout for from you in the future?
New album and tours.
13. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you wish to say to the people reading this?
Thanks for checking us out and I hope we’ll be in your town playing our songs pretty soon. Until then, please come check our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for new announcements coming up.