1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Aaron Joos: Guitar, Vocals, Wise-Guy
2. Describe another member in 3 words.
Small, Brown, Maniac.
3. How would you describe your music to people checking you out for the first time?
Modern rock with melodic metal undertones. <—-Lots of M’s.
4. You released Life Beyond The Curse earlier in March, what is one thing you want to say about it?
It’s a record that showcases our collective musical interests as a band. We wrote this collection of songs without a ceiling, if you will. It was an enjoyable process to write and record that way.
5. Why do you think people should give it a listen to?
It’s quite a diverse group of songs, there should be a little something for everyone.
6. What is your favorite song off of the album and why is it your favorite?
“Dreaming, 6ft Deep,” I’m a huge horror fan. The lyrics are a dark tale of revenge. It is super dynamic and fun to play live!
7. You also recently released a music video for your song “The Hunter,” can you discuss a bit what the song is about?
Our singer Taylor has said it best:
“’The Hunter’ is from the point of view of someone who may or may not realize they are in an abusive relationship, be it mentally or physically. The idea that you’re so in love with this person that you can’t see yourself ever leaving, but at the same time knowing this person could be poison. All the while your significant other is always on the hunt looking for their own self-gratification, and doing whatever is necessary to keep their partner mentally caged…”
8. Why did you choose “The Hunter” for the music video?
We felt that it best represented the overall sound of the band, so we chose it as the first single for people to hear what we’re all about.
9. If the band was trapped in a horror movie, what would each member’s role be and who would make it to the sequel?
Well, as I’ve already stated, I’m a horror enthusiast! I would HAVE to be the ghoul or killer. Taylor (vocals) would be the teenage heartthrob, which I would probably kill 1st. Sean (guitar) probably wouldn’t get an on screen or speaking role. He’s super into vaping so I would make him the fog machine on the production, which should make things look spooky. Ali (bass) would be the motorcycle riding bad boy that would most likely be the hero and vanquish me. Ali is the only one that would make the sequel. He’s so driven in normal life, that even in death he’d come back to haunt you in part 2. ….Unless they need a fog machine for part 2, then Sean can come back too….
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything that you would like to say to the people reading this?
Support new music! Check out Awaken the Shadow! We’ll give you hugs!