1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
Dimitri Farougias. Bassist
2. Describe another member of the band in three words.
Lucas is a genius, a visionary and a poet.
3. How did the band start and how did you decide on the name?
Like most things Faulkner…it’s a mystery.
4. How would you describe your band to someone checking you out for the first time?
Raw and subversive with an affinity for big hooks and melodies.
5. You are releasing your EP, REVANCHIST, in March, what would you say is the overlying theme or concept of the EP?
It’s filled with philosophical metaphors. Difficult upbringing, retribution and revolution are very prevalent themes.
6. When people listen to this EP, what is the most important thing you want them to take from it?
It’s a very diverse work. Whether it is a coming of age story in the streets of NY, taking a strong stance for a just cause, or getting back what was wrongfully taken away from you we want every listener to take and keep anything that struck a chord with them. Our hope is for everyone to keep listening every time they need to feel inspired.
7. What is your favorite song on the EP and can you talk about it a bit?
“These Kids Nowadays” because it’s the first song we worked on together and recorded. Sort of like our “first born” it signaled the beginning of a very big family. We knew right then we had something special we had to hold on to and keep working on. It’s very much a youthful revolt poem with an instrumentation and arrangement that spans 3 decades of popular music.
8. Most popular question: If the band was stranded on a deserted island and in order to survive you had to eat another member of the band, who would you eat and how would you prepare them?
Eric. We are all pretty skinny but he looks a little juicier. Raw for the first few meals and then lay out the rest of him in the sun to make jerky.
9. Why should people check out FAULKNER, what sets you apart?
If people are simply content with listening to rock bands that have come out in the last decade or so they shouldn’t. If they are fed up with rock bands not taking any risks, not pushing the envelope lyrically, musically and intellectually then we have many treats for them.
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything you want to say to the people reading this?
We can’t wait to hit the road. We’ll be announcing a tour very soon. Keep checking our socials for show dates.
@faulknermusic – https://www.facebook.com/FAULKNERband/