1. For those who don’t know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Michael and I am the vocalist of The Aesthetic.
2. Describe another member in one word.
Zac Monte = Prodigy?
3. How would you describe your music to people hearing about you for the first time?
Alternative Rock with progressive undertones? Thats a tough one.
4. You are releasing your EP Abandoned Homes on March 4th, what should people expect when they hear it for the first time?
My hope is that people will grasp onto the messages within each song. The EP is based off a story of the struggles and uphill battles that myself and those close to me have experienced due to mental illnesses and depression.
5. When people listen to this EP, what do you hope they take from it?
I hope it opens the eyes of those ignorant to mental illnesses and demolish the stigmas that cause those who suffer from them due to the fact that they are ashamed to get help.
6. Is there a certain song off of the EP that is your favorite? And why is it your favorite?
“Act II: Full Circle.” It is one of the most personal and saddening songs I have ever written. It hits me hard each time I listen to it because it is based off of a very important relationship I shared with someone. It was one of the first times I was totally honest with myself about my part in the failures of the relationship.
7. You have a music video out right now for your song “Come Home To Me,” can you explain a bit about the meaning of this song?
This song is actually kind of interesting. In the story, this is the finale where the girls significant other realizes how important she was to him even after all the years of mental distress, but also in a way coming to terms with the fact that he is too late in expressing that.
8. Most popular question: In the event of a zombie apocalypse, how long would you survive and how would you attempt to survive?
This is a very complicated question. It all depends on what type of zombies we are talking about. If we are talking about slow moving zombies like those in “Night of the Living Dead,” then I would live as long as I was able bodied. How people failed to escape zombies like that blows my mind. Now if we are talking about “28 Days Later” or “World War Z” type zombies that can run quickly it becomes a totally different scenario. At that point its anyones guess how long I survive. Depends on my networking skills, haha. How I would survive would depend on how soon I found out about the apocalypse.. Am I one of the first to know? If so, I grab my arsenal of weapons from home and make my way to the nearest firearms dealer and stock up on weapons/ammo. Firepower is the most important thing in my mind because that is going to be most peoples first stop and will run out quickly. Canned food will always be around and if not canned food then I’m sure we could find a stockpile of twinkies.
The zombie apocalypse is not something I take lightly. It isn’t a matter of IF…… it is a matter of WHEN. **I have Zombie dreams on a very regular basis, but fun fact… two of them have ended in movie like credits.**
9. Why should people check out your band? What makes you different?
I’m not going to lie, I can’t come up with an answer to this that doesn’t sound cliche and ridiculous. All I can say is that we’ve put a lot of ourselves into this and worked very hard on this music. I do believe that shows throughout the EP and will continue to show with the new music that we are working on currently as well!
10. Thank you for doing this interview! Before we go, is there anything you want to say to the people reading this?
An important note would be that we are still seeking dedicated and likeminded individuals to fill the lineup. We want talented people who are willing to push as hard as it takes to make this dream of playing our music through out the world a reality. If you are genuinely interested and willing to dedicate the necessary time and effort to this dream feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.