1. For those who do not know you, can you state your name and your role in the band?
My name is Billy Graczyk and I play guitar in the band
2. Describe another member of the band in 3 words.
Michael Meinhart is driven, intelligent, and sexy.
3. How would you describe your music to people who are checking it out for the first time?
Heavy music that is well crafted and thought provoking.
4. You recently released “Dividing Horizon,” how does this album differ from your other releases?
Socionic’s first album was mostly done by Michael, our lead singer and fearless leader. Lior and I were not yet in the band, so the new album shows how the band and sound has grown since that first release. At the same time, this latest record keeps with the themes and underlying symbolism that the fans loved about the first one. Heavy music with melody, dynamics, and a singer with a voice that has character. And of course the great artwork by our man Valp.
5. What was the writing process like for this album?
Some of the music was written by individuals, but most of it was written together. The great thing about this band is that everyone is very open-minded in the writing process. Out personalities play off each other very well. Everyone’s musical voice is heard, and I think that’s why the songs came out as good as they did. As individual we are all good, but together we are great. I think that’s what makes this group special.
6. Were there any overall themes and/or inspiration for the songs on “Dividing Horizon?”
I’m sure you can read between the lines of Michael’s lyrics and solve most of the world’s problems, but other than that, we just like to play.
7. Why should people check out “Dividing Horizon?”
I think it’s important to listen to “Dividing Horizon” because its real art, made by real people, who came together for the sole purpose of creating and growing as musicians and human beings and so it needs to be supported. A log of music right now is safe, lacking depth, and striving to appeal to the lowest common denominator for commercial benefit. I think people are itching to find something that challenges them. Something that is made by genuine people with a real message. Let’s make music matter again people!
8. The most popular question on the blog right now is: If the band was stranded on a deserted island and in order to survive you had to eat another member, who would you eat and what would be your strategy?
I would eat Lior because I would probably get stoned.
9. On a more serious not, why should people check out your band? What makes you stand out?
Our band is about real music, made by real people, with great visual art, and passion for a movement going against the grain of what is currently expected.
10. What should people be on the lookout for from Socionic?
Be on the lookout for us touring and a music video in the near future. And naked pictures of Lior are due out any day now.
11. Thank you for doing this interview, before we go is there anything you want to say to the people reading this?
Thank you for taking the time to get to know Socionic. Deep up with us online at the links below, and we look forward to seeing you at a show soon!