1. Can you state your name and your role in the band?
I’m Brennan Pittman I play guitar!
2. Describe another member of the band in one word.
3. How would you describe your music to people checking you out for the first time?
Our band is very influenced by the early 2000s emo bands like The Get Up Kids, Taking Back Sunday, and the Used. We are a newer band trying to give our sound a taste of the music that got us through our younger years.
4. How did you get your band name? Is there a certain story or meaning behind it?
We all had to pass a series of initiation challenges to make it into the band. We’re not really allowed to talk about it.
5. Back in October you released your music video for your song “Ghost Runner At Home,” can you talk a bit about the song, like the overall message or meaning, and also what went into filming the video?
The song is written from the perspective of someone who is unhappy with their environment and those who control it. The video process was super smooth. We chose to use a friend’s house because of the run down look of it and the fact that it is also a house venue called The Shit Shack. We have played several shows in that basement with bands all over the country. It’s always a good time.
6. Your debut album is set to come out early 2016; can you talk a bit about what people should expect about the album?
People can expect to feel a little sad while they listen to it. Hopefully they can relate to our music the way we do.
7. You recently were announced for the So What Music Festival in March, how much does this opportunity mean to you?
We still can’t even believe that’s happening. The opportunity to share a stage with bands that made us the musicians we are today is mind blowing. Being on that bill is also making us work harder in the practice space. Aside from playing shows, we try and practice as many times a week as possible.
8. If the band was stranded on a deserted island and you had to eat another member in order to survive, who would you eat first?
Honestly, I bet we all taste horrible.
9. In all seriousness, what should people be expecting from Hazing in the near future?
We just want to play more shows and tour as much as possible.
10. Thank you for doing the interview, is there anything you want to say to the people reading this?
Thanks for reading and checking out our band! Come hang with us at a show near you!