1. Can you introduce yourself and state your role in the band?
-Eric – Guitar/Bass/Production
2. What is one word you would use to describe the band?
3. What were your first impressions of each other?
– Cool kids listening to Rooks/Four Year Strong in the dorm room over from each other!
4. How did Prime Meridian start and how did the name come about?
– We started it to make some really heavy and spacy music that was different than the old school hardcore band we were currently in.
5. What is one thing that people may be surprised to know about Prime Meridian?
– There are only two of us!
6. What has been your best memory together so far?
– Making hardcore in a dorm room and having the neighbors yell at us.
7. You are releasing your self-titled full length on 12/11, what was the writing process for that like and where did you draw your inspiration?
– I basically wrote in my free time in my basement studio, and Shae wrote all of the lyrics about depression, and dealing with it in general.
8. What is one song off of the album are you most excited for people to hear? Why?
– The last song, it is really different, and we actually sang in it!
9. What is it about Prime Meridian that sets you apart from other bands?
– We like to incorporate different styles in our music, including down-tempo, old school hardcore, djent, and nu-metal.
10. Aside from the full length, what should fans expect next from Prime Meridian?
– Expect some heavy new music, with physical copies and maybe even finally some merch.
11. Is there anything you want to say to the people reading this?
– Thanks for the continued support even though it has been a very long time since we released a full length.